Terms & Conditions
Users and suppliers are hereby regulated and informed about the policies, terms and conditions of the services offered by the company RENT A BOAT S.A.S.
The payments of the reservations contracted by the user will be made through the means of payment available on the website or in those means agreed between the parties. The confirmation of the transactions will be subject to the confirmation of the credit card, debit or online bank transfer systems available.
The user knows and accepts that RENT A BOAT S.A.S has no control over the platforms on which bank transactions are made through electronic debit, credit or transfer cards. Therefore, in no case will RENT A BOAT S.A.S be responsible for handling the information that the user must provide to the banking entities for online payment procedures. Similarly it is important to note that RENT A BOAT S.A.S will not be responsible for the proper functioning of the portals or payment platforms. Based on the foregoing, the user acknowledges that all virtual payment platforms are completely foreign to the company and therefore exempts RENT A BOAT S.AS from any responsibility in everything related to transactions and other activities that the user performs in these portals.
RENT A BOAT S.A.S may cancel reservations made by users in the following cases:
• A late payment of the reservation fee and other generated values.
• Fortuitous event or force majeure.
• Adverse weather conditions that jeopardize the integrity of the ship and its crew.
• For any reason that compromises safety during scheduled navigation as considered by RENT A BOAT S.A.S, the captain or his crew.
• Inappropriate behavior that puts the safety of passengers and crew at risk.
CANCELLATION AND REPROGRAM POLICIES
The conditions and terms applicable to the cancellation and / or rescheduling processes will be subject at all times to the season in which they are requested. For this reason, the scenarios of both low and high season are listed below.
Cancellation: The cancellation request must be made by email in which clear reference is made to the service, customer, date and other details of the same in order to proceed as soon as possible in the relevant management.
• Between 30 and 16 days before the reservation date, 50% of the total amount will be charged as a penalty.
• Between 15 and 11 days before the reservation date, 70% of the total amount will be charged as a penalty.
• Between 10 days and the date of the service, the payment of 100% of the total amount will be paid as a penalty.
Reprogramming: Within the period considered as high season, that is, from December 10, 2019 to January 10, 2020, the reprogramming figure of a service will not be valid. In this case, the matter should be treated under the understanding of a cancellation to which the parameters indicated in this section will apply.
– Speed Boats (Length 28 to 46 feet)
• 30 days before the reservation date, no penalty will be generated, except for financial costs.
• 7 days before the reservation date, 50% of the total amount will be charged as a penalty.
• 3 days before the date of the service, the payment of 100% of the total amount will be paid as a penalty.
Reprogramming: Reprogramming must be requested at least 15 days in advance by email in which the service is clearly indicated in order to proceed with the relevant management. Such reprogramming will be valid within 30 days of the date initially agreed; Once this term has expired, the service will be understood as fulfilled for all purposes.
• 15 days before the reservation date: There will be no additional charges, but it will be subject to availability.
– Motor Yachts (Length 34 to 83 feet)
• 30 – 15 days before the reservation date. 50% of the total amount will be charged as a penalty.
• 15 days before the reservation date, 70% of the total amount will be charged as a penalty.
• 8 days before the date of the service, the payment of 100% of the total amount will be paid as a penalty.
In the case of Motor Yachts it will not be possible to request the reprogramming figure. The periods and percentages described in the section on cancellations will then be applicable.
In the following cases, the provider will make a refund of the money deposited for reservation.
• Cancellation of departure due to restrictions issued by the DIMAR or Port Captaincy.
• Cancellation of departure due to mechanical problems of the vessel that prevent the provision of the service.
• Restriction on departure due to adverse weather conditions that may endanger the safety of passengers. As long as the weather conditions persist for too long.
The user or tenant of the boat will be responsible for delivering the boat under the same conditions in which it was delivered; He will be equally responsible for the guests who accompany him on the boat and for the people who board the boat with his consent. Any damage caused to the boat, its accessories, additional elements and other objects that make up the boat, will be the responsibility of the tenant who must cover the costs of repairs within 48 hours after the service. The value of the repairs and other expenses generated as a result of the damage will be charged to the account with which the lease payment was made.
The lessee and his guests must comply at all times with the rules of conduct promulgated by the competent authorities, laws, regulations and provisions that deal with the subject and its behavior must adhere to good nautical practices and the code of conduct of seamen.
The tenant declares to be of legal age and to have mental and physical health to develop the sports and recreational activities offered by RENT A BOAT S.A.S. It also declares that it knows the activity that is intended to be carried out, so it is aware of the risks and responsibilities that are incurred in said activity.
Therefore, the lessee exempts RENT A BOAT S.A.S. to its legal representative and the owners of the boats offered on the Rent a Boat Cartagena portal of any moral or legal responsibility for any damages or losses that may be generated by this activity and assumes all the risks in their voluntary participation in this activity. With this certificate waive any claim or legal claim against RENT A BOAT SAS, its legal representative and / or the owners of the boats offered on the portal for any risk incurred in the activities developed during the tour to the Rosario Islands and any activity that develops between the tenant and the agency.
By accepting the terms and conditions you declare to be responsible for any damage caused to the equipment or the boat. This document is valid in all legal aspects to a bill of exchange. By accepting the terms and conditions I declare to be the guardian of the minor person in my charge making me responsible for the results or activities carried out during the tour to the Rosario Islands and other activities that are carried out. I waive any claim or legal claim on any damage occurred to the person who is as passenger of the boat.
The consumption of alcoholic beverages is only allowed for people over 18 years of age, alcohol consumption must be carried out responsibly. RENT A BOAT S.A.S. and the owners of the boat are not responsible for any accident that arises because of the irresponsible consumption of intoxicating drinks. The use of drugs or their transportation is absolutely prohibited; In case the crew detects illicit drug use, it will notify the relevant authorities.